The Urban Dictionary describes Zen as: ‘a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.’
Throughout the A-Z Guide to a Healthier, Happier Lifestyle, I have suggested that to be truly healthy and happy you need to focus on the physical, mental and spiritual parts of You.
The word ‘Zen’ to me conjures images of peace, harmony and feeling at one with yourself and the world.
Today, we need to put some Zen in our life in order to find clarity and bring some calm and order to our state of being. Meditation is a great way to introduce Zen into your life. Incorporating some form of meditation each day will bring inner peace and calmness to cope with the problems of the day.
I never thought I could clear my mind long enough to meditate but with practice you can achieve a meaningful meditation.
- Provides clarity of mind
- Encourages us to have an open mind to life and what it offers
- Improves our concentration
- Improves our sleep
- Can provide a new perspective on problem solving
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Helps you to recognize your feelings
- Brings mindfulness and self-reflection
- Find a quiet place where you can comfortably sit or lie down without distraction.
- Close your eyes.
- Take a moment to try to clear your mind – focus on something that makes you feel good
- Take 10 deep slow breaths in and out
- Think of a mantra for your day – think about what you want from your day which will bring happiness.
If you are feeling stressed or anxious at any time during the day, take 5 and breathe deeply and slowly for 10 breaths.
Find your Zen – Take time to reflect and plan each day.Click To Tweet
What a relaxing, peaceful way to end our A-Z Guide to a Healthier, Happier Lifestyle.
Let’s Keep Sizzling!