13th November is World Kindness Day 2022 which started back in 1998 to encourage us all to promote kindness throughout the world. It is an annual event and this year the theme is ‘be kind whenever possible‘ or as the Random Acts of Kindness suggests ‘Make Kindness the Norm’. #makekindnessthenorm
There are so many benefits gained from showing kindness to others
- You make someone feel special and loved
- You will feel happier and more fulfilled being kind to others
- The reward of a smile and knowing you have made someone feel good makes you feel good
- Kindness is contagious
- It builds relationships – we are nicer people to be around
- Improves your mental well-being
- We feel more compassion
- You will feel more positive and enjoy life
- It makes us appreciate and be grateful for all we have
- We learn tolerance
If we lead by example and show kindness to ourselves and others, our children will learn from us and the world may just be a nicer place to live in. Be a role model.
Being kind to others is so important but we also need to be kind to ourselves.