In my previous blog I asked if you were Ready for 2020 – A New Year and New Decade – a perfect time to make some changes in our life. No, I’m not talking about New Year Resolutions (read why here) but life long changes. Changes that will improve your quality of life and lifestyle. Ways to assist us in Ageing Well and Living Well to soak up as much out of life as we can.
During the week I posted in the Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond Facebook Group the question :
What is one habit you would like to change in 2020?
I had several responses including:
- ‘I’m a bit of a procrastinator Sue. Planning to work on that in 2020 – Jennifer
- ‘I’m going to try and worry less about things that really matter. I’m pretty proud of the fact that resolutions I made the last two years I’ve stuck too. So here’s hoping I can do the same with this one.‘ – Marilyn
- “ if you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it then change how you see it” . I need to do that! said Christine who had shared this quote.
- I’m retired and tired – I need to really refire and do more. I need to do more – exercise, drink more water, get out with friends more, write and create more art. – Bev
We all have goals to achieve or habits we would like to change but making a start and sticking to them isn’t easy. Back in May, the theme of the blog was Microstepping in May where I shared ideas to take microsteps towards achieving your goals.
Sometimes we just overwhelm ourselves with too many goals or trying to make too many changes all at once. All I’m asking is for one! Once you have achieved that then you can move on to the next.
In my Microstepping in May post, I described Mini Habits as explained by Stephen Guise, in his book ‘Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results’ . Stephen states that he started his fitness journey with one push up.
The idea is to start with a mini habit, a very small positive behavior that you force yourself to do every day; its “too small to fail” .
Let’s work together to MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Why not let me help you?
Starting January, In the Facebook Group, I’ll be asking participants to check in each Friday with their progress in making changes to the habit of their choice or the goal they are working towards. No judgement – just encouragement and support to help you. I will be your cheerleader as will the rest of the group. Cheerleaders are there to support and encourage us!
I will also be writing blog posts, FB group posts, sharing quotes to help you stay motivated and tips on how to keep moving forward.
So what do you need to do?
1. Select one goal you want to achieve or habit you would like to change
2. Commit to this, write it down and put it on your mirror
3. Join the Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond – Let’s Thrive Facebook Group and be an active participant in sharing your thoughts and progress and at the same time inspire others in the group.