A couple of weeks ago, I read that 11 million Australians have a chronic illness, some which could be preventable by living a healthier and active lifestyle. That is 50% of the nation!
We all need to know ‘WHY’ we are doing something if we want to keep moving forward and achieving our goals. WE CAN ALL MAKE EXCUSES as to WHY WE CAN’T OR WON’T do something but can you really ignore your health and well being?
We only have one body to last us a lifetime and I know that I want and need to keep healthy and active for several reasons.
My ‘Why’ for wanting to live a healthier lifestyle
- I want to be independent as I get older rather than relying on others
- I want to be able to keep up with my grandchildren
- I want to be able to carry out daily tasks or walk up stairs without huffing and puffing
- I want to protect my body from osteoporosis and risks of falls and injury by keeping it strong through regular strength training and exercise.
- I want to lower the risk of chronic illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, stroke and Alzheimers .
- I want to be able to travel and enjoy my ‘Third Age’ of life with my husband.
So many reasons to live healthy and active lifestyles. Can you add to the list?
What is your ‘WHY’ for keeping healthy as you age?
Here are two links to articles I found this week that might help you decide: