#FitFabFeb2021 – It’s Day 1 of February and time to put the focus on your health & well-being because you are worth it!
This week’s challenge is all about Moving our bodies and before you say ‘No’, all I’m asking is 10 minutes for 10 days. Australian Guidelines suggest that Women Over 50 should be getting 30 minutes per day of physical activity. Research shows that:
In 2017-2018 only 55% of Australian adults met the physical activity guidelines. Only 22% of Women met the muscle strength activity guidelines.Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
So lets get started with the challenge to Move More.
10 minutes of dedicated Movement for 10 days
Yep that is this week’s challenge. It’s about MOVING YOUR BODY YOUR WAY! You can do longer than 10 minutes if you wish but the commitment is 10 minutes of dedicated movement each day for 10 days.
What do you need to do?
- Move anyway you like – walk, run, swim, cycle, hiking, dancing, hoola hooping – any movement for 10 minutes BUT put your heart and soul into it and get that cardio rate up but remember to take it at your own pace when starting out. Warm up slowly and Finish with some stretching.
- Then post what you did in the daily accountability thread in the Women Living Well After 50 Facebook Group.
- It’s all about Consistency and Accountability.
Can you do it? Yes you can!
WARNING: REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE ANY INJURY OR HEALTH CONDITION TAKE IT SLOWLY AND CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING.
Suggested ways to start moving
- Walking briskly – if you are starting off walk at normal pace then increase pace for 50 metres then back to normal pace and so on.
- Run or Jog
- Strong Healthy Women FitFlex sessions a combination of Strength and Flexibility and Balance
- Go for a bike ride
- Squats , Get ups (sit on a chair and stand, sit and stand)
- Hula Hooping