I’ve put the focus on our Mental Well-being during the Month via the blog, podcast, social media and my weekly Living Well Letter. In this week’s Micro Mondays episode I’m discussing the 4 main components of mental well-being. Understanding what they are will help you to Live Well and create a quality of life.
Understanding the 4 main components of Mental Well-being to Live Well
So what are the 4 main components of mental well-being? In the podcast, I discuss each point in depth and suggest ways you can incorporate them into your life.
- A healthy sense of self
- being aware of your own strengths and using them confidently.
- feeling part of something greater
- having a sense of compassion for yourself and others. Did you catch my podcast interview with Maria Paterakis on Healing through Self Compassion?
- the ability to develop and apply a healthy perspective
- remaining rational rather than catastrophizing
- reframing challenges
- Psychological Flexibility
- the ability to ‘go with the flow’
- the ability to make changes when something isn’t working in your life.
- Daily Maintenance
- having coping strategies – a Mental Well-being toolkit which I discussed in the previous Micro Mondays episode. Creating a Mental Well-being toolkit