Are you always the first to Volunteer?
Your Hand is up, ‘Yes I will do it!’
Are you Taking on more but enjoying it less?
What would happen if you sat on your hands, if you let others step up to the plate?
In this week’s episode of Micro Mondays. I discuss
- Knowing when you hold, when to fold and when to walk away
- Change your automatic response
- Negotiations it is usually the person who speaks first that loses
A Win/Win situation
It actually helps others if you aren’t so ready to take on the responsibility
- Gives them responsibility
- They start to appreciate you –
- They find that volunteering can be rewarding
- They experience ‘team work’ and working together
The Benefit to you:
- Less pressure
- More enjoyment less resentment
Remembering to pause and take a breath before we react, can shift the energy of the outcome.