Comparison with others – it’s a trap we all fall into but one that can definitely be detrimintal to our mental health and well-being. In this week’s Micro Mondays episode on the Women Living Well After 50 podcast, I discuss the topic of comparison and ways we can avoid falling into the comparison trap.
Comparison is a trap that affects our mental well-being
- it affects our self confidence and self esteem
- it messes with our mind and
- the effect of social media and the ‘perfect life’ social posts
- it convinces us we are not worthy or we aren’t as capable or beautiful or successful
Your journey is not the same as mine
and my journey is not yours
but if you meet me on the path
may we encourage each otherUnknown
We can sidestep the Comparison trap living an authentic life by
- living your life on your terms and not on others terms
- taking time to connect with yourself and your gut instinct
- accepting that life brings struggles and challenges – it is how we handle them when they arise is important
- stop wishing your life was different and make changes if you aren’t happy
- set your goals and go for it
- ask for help
- having the courage to say ‘I’ve tried this path but it’s not for me. I’m changing direction.
- putting your best interests first
- realising that success means different things in life and size doesn’t matter
Take a listen to the podcast or watch the video and let me know your thoughts on ‘Falling into the Comparison trap’
If you would like to start your self-discovery but not sure how, contact me to arrange a free 15 minute chat and how I can help you start Living Well.
Email me at : email@example.com Subject: Self-discovery