Today we are talking travel and whilst COVID-19 has disrupted our travel plans we can still dream about travelling and hopefully in the not to distant future. I’m delighted today to introduce my Guest, Christine Aldred from Booming On.
In this episode of Conversations with Women Living Well After 50, Christine discusses her passion for travel.
Christine shares her Top Tips for the Beginner and Seasoned Traveller, how Travel enriches our lives, how to cope when travel doesn’t go to plan and travel post COVID-19.
There are so many benefits travel brings to our life and after 50 we have the time to explore and experience new adventures. In a previous post my guest, Annette wrote how she regularly travels alone and it is an exploration of self-discovery and self-awareness.
The benefits of Travel for Women 50+
“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” ― Henry Miller ‘
My husband and I love travelling and have been very fortunate to have visited many countries. I’ve written before about How Travel Changes You and in that post I outlined 9 different way:
- We learn how others live and their culture
- We are taken out of our comfort zone
- We learn the art of Communication
- We learn patience
- We learn to be more open-minded
- We enjoy new food experiences
- We create lasting memories
- Travel enriches our life
- We learn gratitude and appreciation
The questions I asked Chrisinte during our Conversation
Here are the questions I put to Christine and perhaps you might like to answer them as well and compare her thoughts to your own experiences.
- When did you catch the travel bug?
- What do you love about travel?
- Where is your favourite destination?
- Have you had any travel experience where things just didn’t go to plan? How did you handle the situation?
- How does travel interact with your blog and writing?
- Do you think we should be travelling now and can we do it safely?
- What is your top travel tip for beginners and seasoned travellers alike?
- Finally, before we finish, I want to ask you a question I put to all of my guests. ‘What does being a Woman Living Well’ mean to you?
You can hear the full podcast HERE
Or if you prefer, watch the episode on YouTube
Christine’s a (sort of) retired mum and grandmum and mad-keen traveller living in Canberra, which she considers one of the world’s best kept secrets. She’s a writer, blogger and social media junkie and spends way too much time attached to her computer.
Christine has a compulsive disorder when it comes to taking photos and is never without a camera of some sort. She takes the matter of good food very seriously although she’s a self-confessed lolly addict and doesn’t do enough exercise. She loves every minute of life and wishes the days were longer.