Well the theme for Action For Happiness in September couldn’t have come at a more opportune time for me. After several weeks of ill health, medical tests, medication, stress tests I can certainly do with a little Self Care. How about you?
Whilst I was resting up I actually took the course to become an Action for Happiness Volunteer. I’ll be eventually be holding group sessions but at the moment my focus will be on sharing kindness and happiness. I’ll be writing posts that will share resources and hopefully bring some light into your day.
6 areas of self-care to consider
I recently read an article that details six areas of self-care activities we need to address as part of our self-care plan.
- Workplace or Professional – ways to keep your work standard at an acceptable level
- Physical – ways to keep your body and mind healthy and fit to provide energy for work and play
- Psychological – ways to rest, relax and recover to keep good mental health and clarity
- Emotional – Being able to experience your full range of emotions
- Spiritual – taking the time to step out of day-to-day life
- Relationships – ensuring your relationships are healthy and supportive
Self Care is so much more than a pampering session or time out. It can be:-
- setting boundaries
- letting go of limiting beliefs
- making time to appreciate who you are – you are unique and have special qualities
Self Care September – Action for Happiness Calendar –
Each month I share the themed Action for Happiness Calendar which has daily prompts and ideas to bring happiness into your life.
Download the pdf HERE
I hope you take time in September for Self Care and I’d love you to share what you do to be kind to yourself and to live life your way.