Redesigning your mornings is a great way to have a fabulous day.
Setting the foundation for your day will ensure that you make the most of each day and will cut back on stress and anxiety.
Starting your day in a positive, organised way will reduce your stress and set you up to have a fantastic day despite what life throws at you! Not only will you be healthier physically but also mentally. You will be more prepared to take on the challenges of daily life.
I have always been a morning person, however, over time I developed habits that were not so healthy. Skipping breakfast did not set me up for a productive day as I was ‘hangry’ (a new term I recently heard angry + hungry would you believe?) by 10am. I couldn’t concentrate and I felt lethargic, lightheaded and irritable.
Follow my 6 Point Plan to Redesign your Mornings
Before you start make sure you put your mobile phone or laptop in another room. This will make sure that you don’t look at them when you first wake up. It can be such a time waster, checking emails, messages and what is happening on Social Media. Wait until later – they will all be still there!
- Set your alarm for 30 minutes earlier than normal 6 days per week – (you can relax one day per week but then continue with steps 2 – 6).
- Take 5 minutes when you wake up to reflect on 3 things you are grateful for in your life and set your intention for the day.
- Take 5 minutes to Stretch (CLICK HERE TO Read my post 12 Daily Stretches for More Flexibility)
- Drink a glass of warm water with lemon juice (You can click here read my post here on why this is good for you)
- Prepare a healthy breakfast – make time to eat and enjoy it. Too often we skip breakfast and it is the most important meal of the day. Make time or make a healthy smoothie to start your day.
- Look in the mirror and SMILE! – It is amazing how this simple act can lift your mood.
3 reasons why Breakfast is the most important meal of the day?
- It literally ‘breaks the fast’ – the time from dinner to breakfast is long so we need to replenish our bodies with fuel. Having a hearty breakfast will compensate if we get caught up in the day and miss lunch.
- It provides essential nutrients which our bodies need
- It kick starts your metabolism which helps us lose weight
Now go make the most of your day!