Menopause is a hot topic at the moment and it is great to see that women are starting to speak out about their experiences. There is so much more information and resources than when I went through this transition in life.
In Part 2 of a two-part episode of the Women Living Well After 50 Podcast, my guest is Rachel Lankester, founder of Magnificent Midlife and author of Magnificent Midlife: Transform Your Middle Years, Menopause & Beyond. Rachel is passionate about encouraging women to be Magnificent and is such a delightful and inspiring woman.
If you missed Part 1 you can listen or watch it HERE
I recently read, Rachel’s book and wished that she had written it when I was experiencing perimenopause. Her book is a combination of her story plus extensive research, Rachel has undertaken to provide the reader with practical and easy to understand advice on coping with the big ‘M’.
The good news is that the transformation from pre to post menopause can be an exciting time of life, despite the hot flushes & mood swings and loss of libido.
Rachel’s book is not just for women in perimenopause but there is valuable information on life after Menopause, how to age well and making the most of this Magnificent time of life.
During the conversation Rachel and I discussed:
In Episode 1
- Her experience of a diagnosis of menopause at the age of 41
- Overcoming the negativity and cultural attitudes to menopause and aging.
- Messaging matters
- The importance of being informed and staying curious- not just you but your partner
- Natural ways to live with and through menopause
- Sex and Relationships
In Episode 2 we discuss:
- Mindset – Transforming your Middle Years, Midlife & Beyond
- Positive Post Menopause – looking forward to a magnificent life
- Rachel’s top 5 strengths
- Life can be Magnificent – it’s your life
- The ‘Whale’ Story – coming into our leadership phase.
- Life is a Cake – why menopause should only be a couple of slices of our midlife cake
Listen to the Podcast
Watch the Video
Read the Book
Rachel Lankester is the founder of Magnificent Midlife, an online hub celebrating and empowering women 40+. She’s the author of Magnificent Midlife: Transform Your Middle Years, Menopause and Beyond and host of the Magnificent Midlife podcast. After a shocking early menopause diagnosis at 41, she scratched her own itch and created what she wasn’t able to find to help herself. This includes 1-1 and group mentoring, educational resources, and an online membership to help women vibrantly transition through the sometimes messy middle of life
Connect with Rachel
Midlife Mentoring | Membership Program | Resources
I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments on your experience of Menopause.