Are you joining me in the #JunkFreeInJune challenge? I’ve had a great response to the idea which tells me that many of us want to make changes in our lives to live healthier, with less junk food, less clutter in our minds and less clutter surrounding us. It is all about Taking Control Back of our lives.
To kick off the month I’m listing some ways you can remove the ‘junk’ from your life over the next 15 days. I will then follow up with the second 15 days for the month. Hopefully by the end of June we will have all developed better habits in our attitude to eating and health, what possessions we really want and generally take back control of our lives.
#JunkFreeInJune – 15 ways to remove ‘junk’ from your life
If you would like a copy you can download the calendar HERE and keep it handy for inspiration and motivation to clear the clutter!
Remember #JunkFreeInJune is all about Taking Back Control of your life. It is about removing what is holding you back and embracing new habits to create the life you want.
Take control of:
- Your Inbox – How many emails and subscriptions do you receive that you just click on and delete without reading? I know I’m guilty of that. It is time to decide to unsubscribe from those emails that no longer bring value to your life.
- Your wardrobe – If you are like me to look in your wardrobe and there are items you haven’t worn for ages, if at all. Christine Blundell will be a guest this month sharing how we can take control of our wardrobe.
- Your pantry – I’m guilty of finding things tucked at the back of the pantry way over the used by date and probably multiplying! Take a look in your pantry and remove any out of date items and at the same time replace unhealthy options with healthier ones. Watch for Nancy Dobbins’ post next week as she shares how she and her husband have transformed their eating habits.
- Your bathroom – too many products? Yep, I’m guilty again! Remove what products are tucked away that you haven’t used or won’t be using in the future.
- Cut down on sugar intake – in a recent poll on the Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond Facebook Group 40% of participants wanted to cut down on their sugar intake.
- Kitchen Clutter – Do you have too many appliances on your benchtops taking up room? Do you have a drawer full of containers with half the lids missing? Time to clear the kitchen of clutter one drawer at a time.
- Your Mental Health – I’m no expert or professional but going for a walk, regular exercise, sleep and meditation all go a long way to improving our general mental health and wellbeing.
- Your Physical health – Regular exercise and a nutritious eating plan will help your body stay fit and healthy as you age. Are you getting enough exercise and nutrients in your diet?
- Your time – Place a value of your time rather than letting life take over. Schedule in ‘me time’ and also don’t be afraid to decline invitations if your schedule is heavy. It is okay to ‘say no’. Use your time wisely and for your benefit.
- Your eating – do you skip meals, especially breakfast? Is your diet full of processed foods rather than organic? Swap the processed foods for fresh and see the benefits in more energy, weight management and mental well being.
- Your weekend – even as a retiree I still consider the weekend as the end of the week. Making time on the weekend to connect with others or just have a ‘doona’ day is important for our wellbeing. Why not organise a weekend getaway to reconnect with yourself and your partner?
- Your snacking – use one day per week to plan and prepare healthy snacks and meals. Being prepared will help you overcome sugar laden snacks at the 3pm slump time.
- Your finances – is your budget in need of some CPR? Do you have enough to enjoy a comfortable retirement? Are there direct debits that you have forgotten about and need to cancel?
- Your social media – schedule one or two days per week to go Social Media free. Get out into nature or relax and enjoy a book. Don’t let social media rule your life – be selective.
- Take control of your body – STRETCH – start each morning with some stretches to improve flexibility and tone.
Well there it is, the first 15 ways we can take control of our lives and become #JunkFreeInJune. Next week I will complete the month with 15 additional ways you can clear the clutter.