Registrations for Fly into July 2020 are open! No it doesn’t have anything to do with aeroplanes! It is all about counting steps for the Month of July, getting fitter and supporting a good cause in the process.
The challenge runs from the 1st of July for the entirety of the month and entries are open until 30 June. I will be setting up a team in the Women Living Well After 50 Facebook Group to stay active this July. As part of the Women Living Well After 50 Community I would love you to join me as part of a team. Teams range from 2 – 10 participants, so depending on the numbers we could have a couple of teams going within the group. Nothing like a little competition between teams is there!
We can get fit, keep each other accountable and also support charities such as:
- Gotcha4Life is a not-for-profit Foundation raising awareness of the importance of identifying a close friend in your life, someone you can speak openly and honestly to when times are tough.
- The Endeavour Foundation – who help People with intellectual disability to live their best life.
- Little Heroes Foundation is a not for profit organisation that supports seriously ill children and their families. Their mission is to raise funds towards essential equipment and services for seriously ill children and their families
- Life’s Little Treasures which is a charity dedicated to providing support, friendship and information specifically tailored for families of premature babies.
What is Fly into July?
Fly into July is an Australian Charity and month-long stepping challenge that fundraises on behalf of other charitable causes to help increase their funding and awareness. They aim to get people moving, connect with others, and stay healthy no matter your base fitness level. This challenge is for everyone!
How can I participate?
- Join the Women Living Well After 50 Team by clicking on this link HERE .
- Simply register, and select the option that is ‘I have an invite code to join a team’. Your Invite code: VFF06WQ
- All participants individually register and select their nominated supported charity, and enter their own steps. I have chosen Life’s Little Treasures however you can Choose one of the supported charities for your donation to go towards. Then log your daily steps, and have some fun participating. As mentioned, teams are limited to 10 so let me know if you can’t join because we have reached the limit and we can perhaps start a second team or you can start one of your own. If you just want to do it on your own or set up your own team, then this is the link to REGISTER
- You can participate on your own terms, wherever, whenever and with whoever you want. Whether it is setting some simple goals to be more active, focusing on rehabilitation through movement, or looking to take out the title of the biggest stepper of the entire challenge.
- Come join us in the WLWA50 Facebook Group so we can keep each other motivated and accountable each day. I’ll also be reminding you to log your steps each Sunday
Registration is $31, that’s just a dollar a day, and although Fly into July is a charity with ambitions to reach school aged children in future years, you can also select where $16 of your registration goes by choosing another supported cause too.
How do I enter my steps?
Once you have registered and logged into the dashboard, daily step counts are entered manually. Please keep record of each day’s step count for the active week and enter them into your dashboard. Fly into July will calculate your weekly total for you. All team steps are averaged by the number of people.
You can enter your relevant daily step counts every Sunday in advance of the weekly submission deadline, but it is recommended that updating be completed more frequently.
Can I participate if I don’t live in Australia?
Fly into July welcome participants from all over the world. However, please note that payments are in Australian Dollars ($AUD) and you may incur additional exchange rate charges or processing fees as a result.
It is also important to note that the charities we support are based in Australia and your donation will only go to one of our supported Australian charities.
If you participate when overseas, the deadline for weekly step submission is still based on AEST (GMT+11).
For all information please visit the website and FAQ section to understand the finer details, before making the commitment.