We are all looking for the elixir to keep looking youthful but really we have it already. A good balanced diet does wonders for our skin and can slow down the aging process. Personally, I don’t mind my wrinkles and laughter lines because it shows the story of my life. However, I do like to be HEALTHY and I truly believe a healthy diet will make you look younger and more vibrant.
My guest writer this week is Annie Lizstan. Annie has previously written for Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond about Magnesium Oil with Aloe Vera: 7 Benefits for Joint Pain Relief.
In this article today, Annie explains what foods we should include in our diet and what foods we should be cutting back on or avoiding to make us look and feel better inside and out.
We try so hard to hide any sign of aging as we go through this unavoidable period of our lives. In the whole process of buying expensive skin products, skin treatments and what not, we forget about one crucial thing – our diet.
Think about what you are eating on a daily basis. How many of the things that you prefer to eat are considered as healthy and recommended items for anyone’s shopping list?
The fact is that no matter how hard you try to stop the aging process you cannot, but you can sure slow it down. And as you are probably guessing, you can forget all about boring wrinkles, dark spots, and oily skin by improving your diet.
Find out which food products you have to forget about for a healthy looking, glowing skin in return! This is the anti-aging diet that we prepared for you!
What does your skin require?
Before we proceed with telling you all the food products that you need to leave out from your shopping list next time if you are interested in slowing down your skin’s aging process, let’s focus for a minute on what food products are good for your skin.
• Any fruit and vegetable that is high in Vitamin C
• Olive oil
• Green tea
What foods must you avoid to fight the aging process?
We mentioned just a few of the foods that are good for your skin regarding the aging process. But, now it is the time to tell you which foods you need to thank for giving you wrinkles, dull complexion, dryness to the skin, etc.
Try to avoid as much as you can the following foods, and you will see what much difference it makes when you are avoiding these food products!
Not only will you see the forming of wrinkles as it decreases, but if you improve your diet you will also see how your skin condition improves all together!
A study investigating different food products and their abilities to cause visible wrinkles showed that foods like vegetables, olive oil and fish are associated with decreased number of wrinkles. Butter, margarine, sugar products and milk products, on the other hand, are related to a higher number of visible wrinkles.
• Rice cakes – You may think that rice cakes are the healthy alternative for chips or any snacks at all, but what the rice cakes do is spike your blood sugar high! This is because they are filled with simple carbohydrates. To get the needed energy to go through your day, your body metabolizes these simple carbs first. But, in the process, they are converted into glucose which sticks to the collagen and damages it. These damages result in an increased number of wrinkles.
• Cereals with added sugars – You might think that you are eating a healthy breakfast as you feel your bowl with what it seems to be perfectly good and healthy cereals. But this is unlikely to be true. What you need to do is check the label if there are any added sugars to your cereals. These cereals, as well as the rice cakes, cause high blood sugar and through the same process increase the number of visible wrinkles!
• Milk – Milk is healthy. However, there could be growth factors and biologically active factors that are still present in the milk, even after the process of pasteurization. These factors travel through your bloodstream where they can cause inflammation, affect the levels of insulin and even increase the production of your oil glands. Try to use organic milk as much as possible, and even try an alternative using coconut milk and soya milk.
• Potato chips – It is always fun to relax watching TV while snacking on a bag of chips. But, chips cause oxidative stress that causes damage to the collagen in the skin. The increased number of wrinkles, acne, and dry skin is what comes as a result of this satisfaction.
• Store-bought smoothies – Smoothies are promoted as a healthy way to satisfy our requirements for vitamins and minerals among other nutrients, however, if they are not home-made, most of the time you are risking of in taking a lot of sugars along the way.
• Margarine – Margarine, unlike butter, does contain unhealthy trans fats. One of the dangers that Trans fats pose is the increased number of visible wrinkles.
We hope that through our article you successfully understood that you should blame your poor diet for your bags under eyes as much as a sleepless night. Using a good skin care product, like NovaCare is, it is always welcomed, but there are other things that you can do for yourself as well.
One and very important thing is to improve your diet.
A diet composed of all the needed nutrients is always a good way to fight the aging signs. Now go ahead and think how much does your diet consists of all of those food products that are bad for your skin and think of a way to improve it using our article!
Must Watch- Do Anti-Aging Creams Really Work?