We all experience stress, anxiety and depression at some point in our lives. For some these feelings are only temporary but for others it goes deeper and requires the assistance of medical intervention.
In my post Why We All Need A Mental Health Day, I discuss how everyone needs to be able to feel they can take a day for themselves when they are feeling overwhelmed with life in general.
So how do we overcome stress and achieve a positive mindset?
Here are 8 Quick Ways to Improve Your Mindset
- Taking care of yourself and having ‘me’ time is important
- Do something you enjoy
- Take up a new hobby to stimulate your mind
- Read a book
- Take a holiday or mini break
Eat a healthy diet
- Make healthier food choices to ensure you are eating nutritious meals.
- Drink plenty of water. Dehydration can make you feel lethargic and listless.
Ensure you get plenty of sleep
- We all feel better after a good night’s sleep. Problems don’t seem as overwhelming and we are able to cope better.
- If you are having trouble sleeping try establishing a relaxing night time routine.
- Leave technology at the bedroom door.
Exercise & Enjoy the Outdoors
- Taking care of your physical fitness reduces stress and improves your mood.
- Aim to exercise at least 5 times a week you don’t have to run a marathon. Go for a walk, take a yoga class, swim or go to the gym. Enjoy what you do and it won’t feel like a chore.
- Spend time in the sunshine
- Enjoy and appreciate nature. Take a bushwalk. A walk by the river or along the beach.
- Sit and appreciate a sunrise or sunset
Learn relaxation techniques
- If you are feeling stressed or anxious, close your eyes and take three slow deep breaths
- Have a soothing massage
- Listen to music
- Take a yoga class
- Catch up with family and friends. If you are feeling depressed or stressed it helps to surround yourself with people who care.
- Join a class or an activity where you can meet new people
Learn to Say ‘NO’ to Find Balance
- Learning to say ‘NO’ is one of the hardest things and over-committing ourselves to please others can place undue pressure on us.
- Realise you can’t be everything to everyone and you need to try to find balance in your life.
Ask for help
- Don’t be afraid to reach out and ask for help. People often feel they are weak if they ask for help but taking that step and acknowledging you need help is very courageous.
- If you are finding it difficult to ‘snap out’ of this feeling of being overwhelmed, anxious or stressed, seek medical help.
A Positive Mindset WILL Change Your LifeClick To Tweet
Let’s Keep Sizzling