I’m a fan of Bananas. I love them on toast with peanut butter, on their own, in a smoothie, banana bread, banana cake and muffins. I haven’t baked for a few weeks and wanted something quick, easy and healthy as a snack, for lunch boxes or afternoon tea. These Banana Muffins were the perfect recipe. They were quick and easy to make in 5 steps and only had three ingredients which I had in the pantry and fridge.
Bananas are healthy, delicious and packed with goodness.
- Great source of fibre,
- Potassium (good for heart health and blood pressure)
- Maganese to help body produce collagen
- Supports gut health, aids digestion and gastrointestinal issues
- Vitamin B6 to help your body produce red blood cells, metabolise carbohydrates and fats, turning them into energy
- Aids nervous system
- Zero fat, cholesterol and salt
- Restores tired muscles
- As the Australian Banana Board says: Bananas literally make your body sing!
Healthy Banana Muffins – 3 ingredients
2/3 cup creamy vanilla yogurt
1 cup self-raising flour – I used Wholemeal
Spray Muffin Tray with oil to prepare
- Mash the bananas in a bowl
- Mix in the yogurt
- Gradually add the flour and stir each addition to combine.
- Spoon into muffin trays. I used large muffin trays but you could make mini muffins if you prefer.
- Cook at 180C for about 15 minutes although mine took about 20. Check Muffins are cooked by inserting a skewer into the middle and if it comes out clean they are done!
Mr M gave them a thumbs up and I liked the fact that I didn’t need to add sugar to the mix.
Let me know if you try them.