For the final week of “#FitFabFeb2021” I found my inspiration from the #life this week prompt for next Monday which is Explore. What does that word bring to mind? Most of us would think of exploring the world or exploring our surroundings, but I want to talk about exploring our inner self and discovering our true and authentic self.
Will you join me?
to think or talk about something in order to find out more about itCambridge Dictionary
Why do we need to explore who we are?
As women we represent many different roles in life such as partner, mother, career, grandparent, friend, daughter, sister, to name a few. This can really confuse our true identity and because we are busy wearing all of these hats, we can lose sight of who we are as an individual.
“Do not let the roles you play in life make you forget who you are.”Roy T. Bennett
Most of us don’t have time to think about ‘Who Am I?’ until we become empty-nesters or we retire from our careers and have time to focus on ourselves.
We need to explore what we like about our self and our life and let go of what we no longer need or what is stopping us from living authentically. There is nothing worse than trying to be someone you aren’t – it gets tiring!
Exploring our inner self is a great way to reconnect with who we are and what is important to us as individuals. It is a voyage of discovery!
10 ways to explore and rediscover your true self
- Explore your ‘Why’ – What do you feel your life purpose is? Not sure what your life purpose is? Listen to Episode 8, Season 1 of the Women Living Well After 50 Podcast – 5 benefits of connecting with your life purpose.
- Explore your Core Values – not sure what they are? Here is an exercise that might help – Core Values Process
- Explore your Relationships – let go of relationships that are draining you of energy and surround yourself with positivity and cheerleaders.
- Explore your Dreams and Desires to live your life authentically – start living life on your terms rather than with an ‘I should’ mentality.
- Explore and rediscover what brings you joy and fulfillment
- Explore your Limiting Beliefs – what is stopping you from living your authentic life?
- Explore your health and well-being – how do you live well?
- Explore external influences that stop you from living your authentic life?
- Explore how you use your time – where are you placing your energy? Are you doing things to bring energy to your life or is it depleting you of energy?
- Explore ………what can you add to the list? I’ve left #10 for you to fill in the blank.