Staying fit and healthy is important, we all know that. However, for some, slogging away in the gym or running a marathon seems more like torture than enjoyment. My guest today in Conversation, is my very good friend, Donna Connolly from Retirement Reflections.
Donna found a passion for hiking when she was inspired by a friend to attempt the famous Camino Trail. Despite coming from a low base, Donna and her husband Richard, set the goal of hiking the Camino.
In our conversation, we discussed:
- How Donna found a passion for hiking
- What the Camino Trail is and how it was more than just a physical experience.
- Tips for starting hiking and preparing for a Camino
- The health benefits that are exclusive to hiking
- How hiking helped Donna overcome the negative impact of COVID
- What does being a Women Living Well After 50 means to Donna
Listen to the Podcast
Watch the Interview on YouTube
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” C. S. Lewis
Prior to retirement, I lived and worked in Beijing China for fourteen years (Middle School Principal/Deputy Director at The Western Academy of Beijing). Leaving international life behind, my husband and I retired to Vancouver Island, Canada, in June 2015. To document this transition, ‘Retirement Reflections’ was born.
The past five years have been filled with family, friends, travel, discovering new passions and rekindling old ones. This has been a time of learning, rethinking and living life as fully as I can.
I invite you to join me in this adventure. I would love for you to share your thoughts and experiences whether you are working, retired, semi-retired, never-plan-to-retire, or somewhere in-between.