Do you have a dream of becoming an author but just can’t take the final step to making it happen?
I’m delighted today to be in conversation with my guest and friend Joanne Tracey, Author, Baker, Sunrise Chaser. Jo has chased her dream to become an author of several books and today she is sharing her thoughts and some ideas for you to take that final step. I’ve read all of Jo’s books and have been eagerly awaiting her next which is due out very soon.
Dream of writing a book? Author, Joanne Tracey shares her journey to achieve her dream
A Summary of our Conversation
In conversation, I asked Jo several questions
- When did you know you wanted to be an author?
- How did it feel to have your first book published?
- Where do you find inspiration for story ideas?
- I love that you incorporate your favourite recipes into the story line. What comes first the story or the recipe?
- Can you provide your 3 top tips for budding authors who want to get started?
- Have you experienced writer’s block? If so, how do you overcome that blank page?
- I suppose sitting for long periods becomes a habit if you are in the zone when writing. How do you ensure you stay healthy
- Before we finish, I want to ask you one question that I ask all of my guests: What does being a Woman Living Well mean to you?
Listen to the Podcast
Watch the Video
Joanne Tracey lives on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia with her husband, daughter and a cocker spaniel. An unapologetic daydreamer, eternal optimist, and confirmed morning person, Jo writes contemporary romance, romantic comedy, women’s fiction and what she likes to call foodie-lit – which is the perfect excuse to indulge her baking habit in the name of research.
An unapologetic daydreamer, eternal optimist, and confirmed morning person, Jo writes contemporary romance, romantic comedy, women’s fiction and what she likes to call foodie-lit – which is the perfect excuse to indulge her baking habit in the name of research.
Her characters cook whatever it is she wants to be cooking – or learning to cook; and through her characters Jo can try out occupations she’d never conceivably do or the business ideas that her husband says, “maybe that needs a little more thought darling.” It’s the daydreaming thing again.
Even though she lives in paradise, it’s Jo’s travels that inspire her stories. From Melbourne to Queenstown, Bali, Hong Kong and The Cotswolds, you never quite know where you’ll end up, but it will be somewhere that takes you away from your every day.
When she isn’t writing or day jobbing, Jo loves baking, reading, long walks along the beach, posting way too many photos of sunrises on Instagram and dreaming of the next destination and the next story.
Jo’s life goals (apart from being a world-famous author) are to be an extra on Midsomer Murders (perhaps a dog walker in Badger’s Drift), to appear on Desert Island Discs, and to cook her way through Nigella’s books – yes, all of them.