How flexible do you feel? Can you easily move about, stand, sit, do your daily bending, stretching and reaching?
Do you take time to stretch your stretch?
Do you take time to stretch after your workout?
Stretching to keep our bodies flexible is something we don’t give priority to. We do our workouts for strength and cardio but don’t stretch as often as we should.
MORNING & EVENING STRETCHING TO BE FLEXIBLE IN BODY AND CALM IN MIND
For this week’s Wellness Wednesday I’ve put together a short 10 minute video with some gentle stretches which you can do morning and evening or after a workout. If you have aches in your lower back in particular these stretches will help.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU START–
- always check with your Doctor before starting any new form of exercise especially if you have not exercised for some time.
- take each stretch slowly until you feel resistance but STOP if you feel pain
- ideally hold for 20 – 30 seconds
- use a mat or cushion to protect your knees
- remember to breathe inhale and then exhale into the stretch
- take time at the end to focus your mind on being in the moment, feeling calm.
Let me know if you do your stretching and how you felt afterwards