Do you know your personal fashion style? Are you comfortable with your ‘look’ or is your wardrobe full of clothes you have never worn? Today’s episode on the Women Living Well After 50 Podcst, is all about Fashion and creating Personal Style. My guest is Jan Wild from Retiring, Not Shy!. I’ve known Jan for several years and admire her fashion style especially looking at her ideas on Instagram.
During the conversation we discussed:
- How Jan became a model in her 60s
- Developing our personal style especially when our lifestyle changes
- Creating a personal style with ‘basics’ – read Jan’s blog post: How to Build a Capsule Wardrobe for Midlife & Beyond
- Throwing out the fashion rules for Women Over 50
- How getting up and dressing for the day is a form of self-care and emotional well-being
- Finding self-confidence through weekly planning what you will wear
Listen to the Podcast
Watch on YouTube
Jan Wild is a blogger, social media content creator and silver haired model, all of which she has come to in her 60s. Her blog started in frustration that the online world only covered retirement from the financial perspective rather than the mental and emotional aspects. Over time those aspects have been more broadly covered and Jan is now more finely focussed on personal style and travel, and the intersection of those two – packing for travel – as well as the importance of personal style for one’s mental and emotional health and confidence.
Connect with Jan
I’d love to hear your thoughts on how you create your style and also any tips you picked up from my conversation with Jan.