How do you feel when you walk into your home? Is it a welcoming, calming environment or do you feel overwhelmed because there is too much clutter?
Our home environment is an important but often not considered element to our mental health and well-being.
Living in a calm, positive environment has such an impact on our mental health and wellbeing. Recently, I was delighted to be asked by Porch to contribute my thoughts on how to set up a positive environment in the home. In their article: Positive Environment at Home – Tips from the Experts, I discuss my thoughts on Positive Ageing and the home environment.
As I was writing my contribution, I took time to view my home and for me, I believe my husband and I have created an environment that is my favourite place. A place I can relax, rest and retreat to and one that is spacious and uncluttered.
This was a common thread throughout the article and other contributors discussed:
- Tips to Inspire a Mindful Home Design
- 5 ways to create a peaceful home environment – using our 5 senses
- How your home environment can affect or improve your happiness
- How wall colours and the smell of your home an affect your positivity
- How creating a vision board can promote a positive home environment
- Creating a perfect meditation environment at home
- Tips to design a home office environment to boost mindfulness and creativity
- How to use positive affirmations around the home
- How to cleanse energy around the home
- Easy Feng Shui tips/principles we can apply to bring good vibes to our home
- The Benefits Of Creating A Mindful Space At Home
- Top 3 Habits To Practice At Home To Promote Positive Aging
- Top 10 positive affirmations for a relaxing night’s sleep and how can we create a positive environment in our bedroom
- Positive Ageing
Our home is an extension of ourselves and whilst we can gather ideas for interior design the most important thing to remember is that is it is YOUR home, YOUR sanctuary and is a reflection of who you are.
I invite you to visit and read the article Positive Environment at Home – Tips from the Experts, and then share your thoughts and ideas with me.
How do you bring calm to your home environment?