Finding purpose in life can be challenging especially as we transition through life. For many women the empty nest, career changes and retirement can bring them to a point of ‘Why am I here?’, ‘What is my purpose?’
This week, I am delighted to introduce Maria Paterakis, The Midlife Counsellor who will be a regular guest in my Women Living Well Podcast & Youtube channels. Maria is warm, vivacious and just fun to be with and she knows from personal experience that life can throw obstacles and struggles our way. However, Maria suggests we should welcome these experiences as a way for personal growth and resilience.
In the conversation Maria shares her thoughts on understanding what life purpose actually is and also explains her top 5 benefits of connecting with your life purpose. I’ve provided a summary of the interview and you can catch the full conversation on Youtube by clicking on the image below or
Listen to the Podcast
I started the conversation by asking Maria: ‘What does life purpose actually mean?’
- That little thing that helps you get up everyday – the motivator
- It doesn’t have to be big – the expression of your purpose may change but the core purpose stays the same
- Finding the ‘thread’ through everything you do
- How you add value to those around you
5 benefits of connecting with your life purpose
- Life Purpose makes you more resilient.
- You have a lifetime focus and direction and expression
- It works best when it is linked to your values- what are core values and how do we link to them?
- It helps you diversify your income
- Essential to living a long and happy life
What does being A Woman Living Well mean to Maria
Firstly, being engaged with your purpose. A Woman who is open constantly to evolving, changing and growing as a person and knowing that who she is today doesn’t necessarily have to define who she is tomorrow….be in awe of life.Maria Paterakis
Maria has a Graduate Diploma in Applied Psychology. As a wife, mum, and founder of 2 businesses….Maria is busy living her purpose and excited every day to get up and live her life.
She is the founder of The Midlife Counsellor and is also Co-Founder of the Cre8ive Hub, an online Marketing business.
Born to migrant Greek parents and raised in a multicultural society in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia, Maria credits this upbringing to influencing who she is today. Despite obstacles and struggles Maria is grateful for these life experiences which have helped her personal growth and resilience.