Chocolate Mousse is a quick, easy and delicious dessert. Try this variation serving the chocolate mousse in shot glasses for an extra special treat. This recipe is a perfect addition to a special High Tea menu.
150gm dark chocolate
3/4 cup thickened cream
2 eggs separated
2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Place chocolate pieces into a microwave proof bowl and microwave until melted. Click here to read how to melt chocolate
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form
- Wash and dry beaters
- Separate eggs and place egg yolks to one side.
- In a separate bowl, and using an electric mixer beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Sprinkle caster sugar over the egg whites and beat 1 – 2 minutes until the mixture is thick and glossy. Make sure sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add egg yolks to the chocolate and using a METAL spoon stir to combine
- Stir in 1/3 egg white mixture into the chocolate and mix well
- Fold in remaining egg white mixture
- Fold in cream
- Spoon into shot glasses, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 3 – 4 hours.
- Decorate with whipped cream and berries of your choice – e.g. raspberries, strawberries, blueberries