One of the key factors to aging well – and just as important one as all of the above – is to engage in regular social interaction. And not just with friends and family. Belonging to groups and communities has been proven to be really beneficial to our health. Research shows that maintaining a broad network of social connections actually builds up our resilience to cope with changes in life and ward off depression. COVID-19 has made us more creative in our approach to staying connected with family and friends during isolation. We’ve embraced technology to stay in touch.
I’m delighted today to introduce my guest, Sue-Anne Mayne from Sister-Stay to discuss a new concept for women 50+ to experience fun, easy and affordable travel.
During the interview we discussed:
- The concept of Sister Stay and what it offers Women Over 50
- What makes the Sister Stay alternative different to a normal Air B&B or hotel. The benefits for Women Over 50?
- Expanding into other countries, post COVID-19 of course, what is involved if someone wanted to be a host?
- Social connection for women over 50 and at any age really is important to our health and well-being. How Sister Stay help us to connect.
- What being a Woman Living Well means to Sue-Anne
Listen to the Podcast
Watch on YouTube
Sue-Anne Mayne was born in Brisbane, Australia and moved to the UK with her British husband more than 30 years ago. Although she’s made her home in Europe, a big part of her heart remains firmly tied to Australia which she usually visits once a year. Having also spent a number of years in Japan, she dreams of one day creating a sisterhood of midlife friends all over the world.
SisterStay is simply a friendly community of women over 50 opening their homes to one another. Unlike other accommodation organisations, it costs the same overnight fee* wherever you go, because we are, first and foremost, a genuine community. In addition, we verify the identity of everyone who joins with an official documentation check together with a “live” chat. We do our very best to make this the safest and most enjoyable travel experience for women everywhere.