Life is Busy – that is a fact of life these days! Technology, work, family, friends, even retirement is busy and it seems to be the #1 problem that we face in our lives. We are overworked, stressed and anxious about all manner of things and with stress and anxiety our health can suffer.
How do we find Balance at get off the treadmill of life?Life is short – do something about finding balance, for a happier, healthier lifestyle.Click To Tweet
Balance Your Time
‘If you want something done, give it to a busy person’ is the old adage. It means that usually busy people get things done. We all have the same number of hours in a week so why do some people achieve more than others – including time to enjoy their life? The answer? They have a PLAN and Schedule their time effectively.
Try this exercise – Write down all you do in a day or a week that includes all areas of your life. Once you recover from the shock of all that you do, examine what you have written. Are there any areas you can tweak to free up your time?
Balance Your Mindset
To have a balanced, healthy and happy lifestyle you need to be balanced in your mindset. If you mind is overcrowded with the stresses of life, you can’t think clearly, let alone find or make the time for relaxing and enjoyment.
Try this exercise – Sit in a quiet place, close your eyes and breathe deeply in and out for 5 minutes. Try to clear your mind of all thoughts. I know it is hard but if you persevere you will feel so much lighter.
A busy lifestyle can present stresses and anxieties which can become overwhelming – even though individually they may be small. Our mind becomes tired and finds it difficult to cope. Try to have the attitude of “What is the worst that can happen?” – it will certainly put things into perspective.
Balance Your Body
Part of a healthy, balanced lifestyle is finding balance in your exercise and food choices. Exercise is a great stress reliever and we should exercise most days. Walk, run, yoga, dance, swim whatever, just do some movement that you enjoy. On the flip side, Listen to your Body and if it is tired take a rest day and nurture yourself.
Eating a well balanced diet means that you can still enjoy ‘treats’. I love food and there is no reason you need to live on lettuce leaves alone. The secret is to use the 80/20 rule. Eat wholesome food with lots of vegetables, 80% of the time and relax a little for the other 20%. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed so you can have your cake and eat it too – within reason.
FIND BALANCE AND ENJOY – WE ONLY HAVE ONE SHOT AT LIFEClick To Tweet
Join me tomorrow for ‘C’ is for Comfort Zone – how to break out and challenge yourself.
Let’s Keep Sizzling!